Update: Azafran’s Applied Deep Tech Index & Tracker
Compiled each week by the Azafran Data Team, transactions specific to the Azafran Fund II Thesis have soared from a total of ~$4B in 2017 to over $55B over 1⁄2 way through Q4 2021 and are forecasted to exceed $200B by 2025. The Azafran Applied Deep Tech Index tracks all transactions globally related to companies utilizing voice, acoustics/sensory and imagery feeding augmented AI/ML into the MedTech, IoT and Enterprise/B2B markets.
Results total YTD of funding by year:
- 2021: $55.32B - 1,521 companies - Funding of $36.4M (Mean) / $9M (Median)
- 2020: $19.85B - 961 companies - Funding of $20.7M (Mean) / $6M (Median)
- 2019: $21.7B - 1,023 companies - Funding of $21.2M (Mean) / $3.5M (Median)
- 2018: $8B - 740 companies - Funding of $10.8M (Mean) / $2.67M (Median)
- 2017: $4.07B - 598 companies - Funding of $6.8M (Mean) / $1.6M (Median)
Industries Funding in 2021
- IoT - $31.65B
- Enterprise - $15.7B
- Health & Wellness - $7.97B
The Azafran Data Team has created a proprietary data repository and machine learning engine (Ametrine), where we track over 5,800+ AI/ML companies worldwide broken into select categories, markets, themes, industries and metrics.
We track 400+ attributes across all the companies, some examples include geography, technology focus, and modalities. 20% of the companies in our tracking database fit our initial investment criteria and enterprise value.
Source: Azafran Data Team